Does ASPE have a set of agreed objectives?
The objects are to advance the education of young children by promoting the development of primary education through:
- promoting and fostering the development of informed and reflective study of primary education, including pre-school as well as the legally designated primary phase
- bringing together and promoting collaboration within and between the various constituencies involved in primary education
- holding such courses and conferences for those concerned with primary education
- providing informed and independent information and commentary on policy issues
- encouraging with a broad view of the forms and methods which those studying primary education might adopt, the practices and issues on which they might focus, and the institutional contexts in which study might be pursed
- publishing materials suitable for promoting the above objectives.